Friday, August 27, 2004

Foie Gras ..Love it or shut up

"Stop (serving foie gras) or you will be stopped" Nice message. Especially when it accompanies a videotape of your wife and children. How would YOU react?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/news/081903_nw_lme_sfchef.html

Think about it.These are people who put human pleasure beneath the needs of a duck. People who's existence is so menial, that the best thing they can do to qualify their lives is intimidate a hardworking chef's family and tell us to throw hundreds of years of culinary tradition away. It's called a food chain and we're at the top. Personally, I don't want to see things from a duck's point of view. I cook them. Is it cruel? Yes. Do I care ? No. What is my responsibilty as a Chef? To provide my customers with great tasting food.Period. Nowhere in my training do I recall "ethical recourse" or understanding. If I cared, I'd join the Peace Corps. The most repellent of the situation is the knee-jerk reaction of the press hound chefs who would rather turn their back on a colleague than stand up to these cowards. Pull foie gras off your menu?Gutless worms. How dare you fail a moral test of tradition. One that could only be devised in this era of people last. This is the unwritten law that chef's are to uphold.Tradition.Don't apply morals to it. We kill, slaughter and serve animal flesh.

Trash My business, threaten MY family? Do it to my face or the face of any other chef with conviction and you will end up with what you deserve. Multiple fractures. Then you can suck all the vegetables through a straw you want.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Broken bones? Hell man, I'd be after them with a 10" Sabattier. I don't even cook fois gras and I'm hopping fucking mad. I mean, think about it for a minute, you get a videotape of your wife and two year old, (I've got a wife and 3 year old) with some sort of threat? Honestly, I think I'd flip out. I'd be firebombing PETA offices, or something of that nature.

Great website, by the way. I forgot my old blogger account, so posting anonymously, but my name is Robert.

Cheers.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck Peta!!

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Hot PETA supporters pose the biggest problem. You have to act like you give a fuck about their cause in order to get in their pants.

A.C.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home