Sunday, October 17, 2004

It's Not Very Busy, Can't He Just....

No. It's not a matter of whether I can or not, It's WILL I. Don't you love when people want something special and then think the phrase" Why not? it's not very busy" is going to somehow magically work for them. Not busy? Not if you think you're the only person in the dining room. Did you happen to notice the other 30 people that sat down at the exact same time as you? Did you notice there were other people here when you walked in? Did you notice the other people walking in after you?.. Fuck you. This is one of those rage inducing questions because they actually think that they know what constitutes busy for us. How about the fact my dining room is filling up (all at the same time of course). How about the fact that I'm already pissed of at the cheap ass vegan who's companion is only having a bowl of soup. We won't mention the fact he is wearing a captain's hat. What's that about? What's with people that wear captain's hats? No he's not a sailor, just a dimwit. How about the fact that I have a serious foodie in house and I decided to turn my concentration to them for a minute. I'm totally spent from a bust ass busy weekend and earlier in the day I already relaxed by cranking out about 70 fucking brunches then, after taking a break for 30 minutes went immediately into dinner prep and menu adjustments. Wouldn't you love to walk into some doctor's office and demand he see you NOW! He's only with one other patient. Or maybe go to your mechanic and see if he can "just find that little noise real quick"..I mean HE'S not very busy is he? How self importantly presumptuous to assume I'm not very busy. Then the clincher was telling the waiter.."That's not very American".. Yes it is, It's extremely American. We're the rudest, meanest, crassest culture on Earth and I wouldn't want it otherwise.
Outsiders don't have the slightest clue what we have to do. Or maybe, just maybe we're fucking exhausted. Don't come in with demands and insult us by saying we're not very busy. You might spend the better part of your week at the gym and tediously pursuing hard to find hair products When you were working, we were working. When you were off, we were working. We're always busy. Play nice and you'll get what you want, act like you're the only person that I'm cooking for and you get nothing. Push it, and the waiter will disappear.
Right you spoiled shit. I'm not very busy. Amuses, intermezzos, vegans, petit fours, all the other diners don't exist in your world, only mine.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come people can't just come in, sit down and order then pay and leave? There always has to be some needy asshole.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! I told that f**king guy in that stupid hat you were gonna say that!!!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now A.C...I assume that you do not behave like this when, Ahem *one of us* enters into your establishment...and I do not care how busy you are...you will serve me first...because I have money, that is if you want a hefty tip. So therefore...anything I want, you will give it to me,I don't care how busy you are!

That is what the Servant is recquired to do...to serve the patrons...and not gripe about the workload.

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now,now....you don't want to be shitting your guts out for the rest of the night do you?

A.C.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon, to the aforementioned comment? A.C. YOU are a *SERVANT* YOU SERVE PEOPLE!! You incompetent bloke!! So If I want something, and I don't care if it is an endangered species, then you will serve it to me, Simple isn't it! riiiiight?

Therefore...A.C. the guests come first!! *BECAUSE THEY*WE* HAVE MONEY!So quite your complaining of your assinine job as a *fast food* fry cook, and put up a stiff upper lip! you bloke

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloke?

-Peter

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home